Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Action Alert: Women's Health Care: Share Your Story

If you are having trouble viewing this email, please read it online.

NOW Action Alert
Support NOW's Work |
September 02, 2009
| Tell a Friend
All NOW Actions
See me on the Rachel Maddow Show

Take Action: Stand Up for Women's Health Care
Last night I spoke to Rachel Maddow about efforts to derail health care reform.
After taking action, please support our work!
I don't like being lied to.
Last night I spoke to Rachel Maddow about yet another radical right-wing effort to derail health reform -- once again, using women's reproductive health care needs as a political football.
The latest lie is that a public option will somehow kill women who have breast cancer. The Independent Women's Forum is airing an unscrupulous ad in eight states, funded by millions of dollars donated by you-know-who -- special interests on the side of profit-driven insurance companies. We must fight back, and I need your help.
I need you to share your story. Has private insurance failed to cover your health care? Is your insurance company refusing to cover your birth control? Was your pregnancy declared a pre-existing condition? Are you one of the millions upon millions of women uninsured or underinsured by profit-driven health insurance?
I'm going to take your stories and share them widely. I'm going to share them with members of Congress. I'm going to publicize them on our website. I'm going to do everything I can to make sure this country knows women won't stand for right-wing extremists or profit-driven health insurance companies discriminating against us.
Together, we can win this fight. Please take a few moments to share your story and support our work.
For women,
Terry
Terry O'Neill
President, National Organization for Women

take action
and then
donate
LISTS:
 
Subscribe | All Lists


Posted by: Jerin

No comments: