Our work dares nothing less than the broad social change necessary to confront oppression of every kind.
The New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence is recruiting for a full time CEO. The New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NYSCADV) is a not-for-profit membership organization. NYSCADV’s mission is to work to create and support the social change necessary to prevent and confront all forms of domestic violence. As a statewide membership organization we achieve our mission through activism, education, leadership development, promotion of sound policy and practice, and broad-based collaboration integrating anti-oppression principles in all our work. NYSCADV is located in Albany, NY.
Interested candidates please apply (electronic submission only), no later than October 1, 2009 with:
* A letter of interest, including salary parameters;
* resume/CV; and
* contact information for 3 professional references to the Search Committee via email: email@example.com.
The Coalition's principles and practices prioritize the safety and concerns of women who are abused, provide support and encouragement for the participation of women who are abused in the struggle to eradicate personal and institutional violence against them, and provide for a non-competitive atmosphere that fosters open communication, respect, and cooperation among all advocates and survivors.
CEO Position Summary:
The CEO is responsible for the development and administration of the organization, manages staff to achieve the goals of the Coalition, and works in conjunction with the Board of Directors to provide statewide leadership on domestic violence. This position requires substantial knowledge of the issues surrounding domestic violence and violence against women. The ideal candidate will have proactive, decision-making, organizational and management skills, the ability to work with diverse populations, and the availability to travel extensively. Experience in community organizing and networking is essential. Knowledge of the battered women’s movement, anti-oppression and feminist philosophy and perspective is preferred. In addition, due to the broad reach of the issue of domestic violence—and how it relates to oppression—all candidates must understand the importance of creating social change. Therefore, knowledge and experience working within a social justice framework are strongly preferred.
Download a document containing Full Position Requirements below.
* Minimum of five years supervisory or management experience in the administration of an organization addressing violence against women.
* Minimum of 5 years fiscal experience, preparing budgets and administering agencies with budgets over $1 million dollars.
* Extensive knowledge of advocacy on behalf of individuals and affecting policy change at local, state and national levels.
* Ability to work collaboratively with varying professionals responding to violence against women.
* Exemplary oral and written skills and sufficient proficiency with technology.
* Master’s degree in a related field a plus; bachelor’s degree plus 5 years relevant experience required.
The New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence is an EEO.
Posted by: Jerin