Monday, September 28, 2009

More Introductions!

Posted by: Amanda

Hi there, young feminists! I'm Amanda, and I will also be contributing to this blog. I was born and raised in the Chicago suburbs and am currently living in New York where I work as a publicist for an arts venue and write on feminism at The Undomestic Goddess (@TheUndomestic on Twitter).

I have been a feminist ever since I could remember, even when I didn't know the word for it or understood what it meant. My participation has evolved from the "girls are better than boys" arguments in grade school to writing every college paper on how women are treated in literature (I was an English major) to the more nuanced discussions on the portrayl of gender in the media, and (gasp!) how men can be feminists too. Most recently I participated in a walk against human trafficking, and look forward to the conversations and activism brought forth from this group.

No comments: