Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another Introduction

Posted by: Maya Dusenbery

Hello fellow young feminists!

I'm excited to be part of the Young Feminist Task Force and contribute to this blog. My name is Maya Dusenbery. I grew up and went to college in St. Paul, MN and still have a lot of Midwestern pride. Now I'm living in Brooklyn, enjoying my post-collegiate life in the big city, and doing online communications work at NARAL Pro-Choice New York and the National Institute for Reproductive Health. I try to do a bit of blogging at various parts of the internet. And you can also find me on Twitter.

I don't remember exactly when I started calling myself a feminist. My outrage at abstinence-only sex education in high school just naturally evolved into an interest in sexual and reproductive justice. And from there I was exposed to many more feminist concerns, questions, and ideas. So these days, a whole lot of feminist and progressive issues--from abortion access to sexual violence to sex education to health care reform--will get me riled up. I'm looking forward to discussing many of them with all of you!

No comments: