Beginning October 20 and meeting every Tuesday night
are classes in self-defense that include secular meditation for anxiety reduction and conditioning exercises.
The self-defense is JKD kung-fu made for the street and real-life situations.
These two-hour classes are $15 or less depending on income.
Special: 2 classes for $15.
Anxiety reduction and mental focusing are essential. Sifu Angie Delacroix is a Modern Shaolin Chan Buddhist with over 30 years of defense practice.
LGBT people who want to learn self-defense knowledge at an extremely affordable fee
should consider us
2) Progressive Relaxation-a western relaxation form that enables one to perform Sunyata
3) Sunyata Meditation- emptiness meditation with no foreign or religious mantras
4) Yin Tao Chi-Kung a form of Chinese Yoga that incorporates Tai-Chi, Hsing I, White Crane styles
JKD Concepts Kung Fu system called Yin Tao Chuan
Features of this system
1) Relaxation in conflict
2) Moving body on a central axis
3) Wing-Chun influenced footwork modified for urban defense
4) Practical Scenario Training against arm grabs, chokes, waist grabs, tackles, knife attacks
5) Wing-Chun and Tai-Chi deflections against strikes and kicks
6) Striking Forms from Wing-Chun, Kali, Tai-Chi and Hsing ?I, Phoenix ?Eye. Striking is with fist, palm heel, shuto strikes, forearm, elbow, knee s, low kicks, head as striking weapon.
7) Yin- Jing yielding force
8) Select Combat Jujitsu techniques
9) Filipino Kali - stick techniques
11) Ground position defense
12) Grappling, jujitsu and Wing-Chun based ground- work
13) Use of everyday objects for defense and disabling an attacker
14) Conditioning exercises for strength, endurance, mobility, speed
16) Fa-Jing-explosive power
17) Chin Na and Jujitsu techniques of subduing without injuring. This is a moral use of less destructive techniques for dealing with children and attackers who are not very dangerous
18) Maintaining gentle-naturedness
Rape, domestic violence, mugging, racism are still around. We do not teach aggression or assault,only defense against it.Why is their violence in the world,and how will extreme pacifists end it?
Not in the long sets of Japanese Karate. Form training consist of never more than 4 movements. Light contact and scenario self-defense is our method
Of course, you can! I am o.k. with those clients who just want meditation and chi-kung. You must have good reasons for learning defense-, very good ones?Belts and tournaments are not a good reason!
It is very helpful in this aspect. It does not work like a minor tranquilizer ,but this skill stays with you . You are encouraged to practice daily for even short periods.
Those seeking greater strength,coordination and endurance
More details: http://yoga.meetup.com/343/