- On October 22, CUNY students will have the opportunity to have their voices heard and ask questions to the CUNY Sexual Assault Policy Taskforce regarding the history, progress, and implementation of CUNY’s first ever prevention-based sexual assault policy.
- This public forum, which is open to all CUNY students, is sponsored by Students for a Greater CUNY (SGC) and cosponsored by Queens College Democratic Student Alliance.
- The purpose of CUNY’s sexual assault policy is to ensure students have recourse on CUNY campuses for services and needs when faced with sexual assault.
- The aim of CUNY’s sexual assault policy is to be student-centered and prevention-based while being inclusive of the diverse population of students at CUNY.
Date: October 22, 2009
Location: Queens College, Rosenthal Library 230
6530 Kissena Blvd
Flushing, NY 11367-1575
Directions: http://www.qc.cuny.edu/welcome/directions/Pages/default.aspx SUBWAYS Via Flushing:
Take the Long Island Railroad or the #7 subway to Main Street, Flushing. From Main Street, take the Q25, Q25-34, Q34 or Q17 bus.
- Via Forest Hills: Take the E, F, G, or R subway to the 71st and Continental Avenue in Forest Hills. Take the exit marked "North side 70 Ave and 108 St." At the corner, take the Q64 bus to Kissena Boulevard and Jewel Avenue. Stops one block south of campus.
- Via Jamaica: Take the F subway to Parsons Boulevard or the LIRR to the Jamaica Station. From Jamaica Avenue and 160th Street or Hillside Avenue and Parsons Boulevard, take the Q25, Q25-34, or Q34 bus. From Hillside Avenue and either 169th or 179th Street, take the Q17 bus to the LIE and Kissena Boulevard.
- Via Kew Gardens: Take the E or F subway to Union Turnpike. Take Q74 Vleigh Place shuttle to main gate.
To enhance campus security, the following policy has been put in place:
* All QC students, faculty, and staff must show their current Queens College ID.
* All other patrons must present a photo ID (CUNY or other student ID, driver's license, etc.).
* The ID will be scanned at the Security Desk.