Ask Congress and the President to Enact Health Care Reform that Does Not Roll Back Reproductive Rights
After several weeks of uncertainty, we are seeing a new push by the White House to finally pass a health reform bill. As the President prepares to bring Congressional leaders in for a health care summit this Thursday, Raising Women's Voices is calling on you, our tireless network of advocates, to let them know that progress is great, but they must do better for women than the proposal now on the table!
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California - (202)225-0100,
- Representative Robert Andrews, of New Jersey- (202) 225-6501
- Representative Xavier Becerra of California- (202) 225-6235
- Representative Jim Cooper of Tennessee- (202) 225-4311
- Representative James Clyburn, of South Carolina - (202)225-3315,
- Representative John Dingell of Michigan - (202) 225-4071,
- Representative Steny Hoyer of Maryland - (202) 225-4131,
- Representative George Miller of California - (202)225-2095,
- Representative Charles Rangel of New York - (202)225-4365,
- Representative Louise Slaughter of New York - (202) 225-3615, and,
- Representative Henry Waxman of California - (202)225-3976;
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) - (202)224-3542,
- Senator Baucus of Montana - (202) 224-2651,
- Senator Kent Conrad of North Dakota- (202) 224-2043,
- Senator Chris Dodd of Connecticut- (202) 224-2823,
- Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois- (202) 224-2152,
- Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa- (202)224-3245,
- Senator Patty Murray of Washington- (202) 224-2621,
- Senator John Rockefeller of West Virginia- (202) 224-6472, and
- Senator Charles Schumer of New York - (202) 224-6542.
Our coordinators around the country took the opportunity to re-vitalize the momentum for health reform over President's Week. In this newsletter, we'd like to shine the spotlight on great work done in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, and Washington DC!