You probably know that emergency contraception (EC) is a safe and effective way to prevent pregnancy after sex. But many women still don't know that it's an option, how it works, and where they can get it if their primary birth control method fails.
That's why we're proud to co-sponsor Back Up Your Birth Control, a national campaign committed to raising awareness of and expanding access to EC. From now through the Back Up Your Birth Control Day of Action on March 24, you can get involved!
We've had great victories for EC access within the last year:
- EC was approved for over-the-counter sale to 17-year-olds,
- There are even more options now, including a one-pill version of EC, Plan B One-Step®, and the generic version, Next Choice™,
- The Pentagon announced it will require U.S. military bases worldwide to stock EC.
- Spread the word about EC with FREE materials: Place your order today on the Back Up Your Birth Control website, then distribute the materials at health centers, to your friends, at street fairs, etc.
- Enter the Campus Challenge: If you're a college student, get your group to raise awareness about EC on your campus. The most original and informative idea will win a $250 prize! Sign up on the Back Up Your Birth Control website.
- Take part in the New York City Day of Action on March 24: Join the NARAL Pro-Choice New York team as we hit subway stations throughout NYC to hand out condoms and EC info to passers-by. Just pick a subway stop near you - it's your choice. Contact Laleña Howard at email@example.com to sign up.
The Back Up Your Birth Control Team