AWOMI hereby invites applications for the 3rd edition YOWLI to be held for 3 weeks, Dec 2010 to Jan 2011 in Senegal.
COST OF ATTENDANCE:
For participants who will be fully funded by the program, the following will be provided: economy round trip air travel, accommodation during the course and the conference, meals during the course and the conference, course materials and conference materials. Participants who will fund themselves will cover all the above at a cost of (7,500 USD) which is the total cost for attending the training. However, applicants will be supported in mobilizing resources for their participation.
- Applicants must be African or from the African Diaspora.
- Applicants must be between 18 - 25 years old by 31 Dec 2010.
- Tolerance; Leadership skills, critical thinking, and creativity
- Language requirements: the program will be held in English and French (French speaking candidates are expected to have a conversational level of English)
- Applicants must be affiliated to women or youth lead Non Governmental Organization.
Citizenship ____________ Country of Residence_____________________
Do you need to apply for a visa for Senegalese entry __________________ Marital Status ____________
Relative contact in case of emergency _______________________ Contact Phone ___________________
Have you carried out or participated in research exercise? What was the topic? Who was your supervisor? ______________________________
Do you live in urban or rural setting? ______________________________
List any foreign languages you speak and your level of proficiency (List) ______________________________
Education (beginning with the current or the most recent institution attended) ______________________________
How did you hear about the YOWLI program ______________________________
Why are you interested in YOWLI? (max. of 300 words) ______________________________
What do you know about public policies that affect your life? What do you think of Poverty Reduction Strategy Programmes (PRSPs)? What do you know about MDGs? (max of 500 words) ______________________________
What has been your level involvement with these processes? ______________________________
What is your vision of change in gender equality in the next 10 years? How are you contributing to bringing about change (max. of 500 words) ______________________________
Cite 3 development challenges facing Africa Why did you chose them?_________________________
In addition to sending this completed application form, please include the following as attachments:
- 1. Copy of a valid ID (passport, national ID card, goverment issued)
- 2. A photo ID ( max. 400kb - INCLUDE name and “YOWLI2010” in subject when sending email attachment. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. email@example.com
- 3. Your current CV, including high schools you have attended, training programs you participated in and all employment;Your affiliated organization’s profile (kindly include all the relevant details about your organization such as email, website,landline phone number, name and mobile number of contact person)
- 4. Letters of Recommendation:
- Letter of recommendation from your organization
- Letter of recommendation from two of your peers
- Letter of recommendation from your mentor
In signing this application, I acknowledge that if I have omitted pertinent information, or have submitted inaccurate or false information, AWOMI has the right to refuse or rescind admission.
Signature of Applicant_____________________