Thursday, May 27, 2010

Credit Cardholders' Bill of Rights saving consumers billions of dollars a year



USA Today recently reported that the Credit Cardholders' Bill of Rights, a bill that I authored, is saving consumers billions of dollars a year:

"New credit card and overdraft restrictions will save U.S. consumers
from being charged at least $5 billion in fees this year alone at the
 largest U.S. retail banks and credit card companies,
a USA TODAY analysis reveals."

I have always been a champion for consumers like you. That's why I stood up to the special interests and fought to level the playing field between consumers and credit card companies. This bill bans abusive and deceptive practices, such as retroactive rate increases on existing balances and double cycle billing.

It's been a long fight. But after years of hard work, I was proud to stand with President Obama as he signed this historic bill into law. After he signed it, the President gave me the pen and a kiss – but all of you got something even better: billions of dollars back in your pocket.

I'm proud of what we've accomplished together, but there's much more work to do.

Visit CarolynMaloney.com to find "5 Things You Can Do."  Your support means so much to me and I look forward to continuing our fight in Congress.

Sincerely,
Carolyn B. Maloney
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about the issues we care about.



Paid for by Maloney for Congress




24 E 93rd Street, Ste 1B
New York, NY 10128

No comments: