Monday, May 17, 2010

Ms. Blog eNewsletter: Happy National Women's Health Week

Ms. magazine Blog - www.msmagazine.com/blog
WEEKLY ROUND UP | MAY 17, 2010
Last week was National Women's Health Week! Like most women-centered holidays, it got short shrift in mainstream media, so we're pleased to say it was a big topic on the Ms. Blog-see our picks of the week's best of the best, below.

MS. CELLANY

Health Tips from the Safety Godmother I humbly invite all women to take a health inventory in the area of personal safety, for themselves and their loved ones, in honor of National Women's Health Week. Raising your awareness of personal ...Read More




NATIONAL

3 Main Ways Right-Wing Legislators Control Women's BodiesIn the last two months, an onslaught of anti-choice legislation has been proposed, passed and challenged. Since it's National Health Week, let's remember whose bodies all this legislation ...Read More




HEALTH

Why Don't Doctors Listen to Women? I hear it all the time: Why don't doctors listen to women? Who would know their own bodies better? Yet time and time again, women tell their doctors how they are feeling only to have the doctors ...Read More



ARTS

Gender 101 From Iron Man 2 It's right there in the title: Iron MAN, not meaning "human" but male. As I sat watching the movie with my 13-year-old son (and cringing at the overt sexualization of females), I realized that ...Read More



LIFE

Feminist Craigslist Dating Experiment: The Good As a follow-up to my first post highlighting the "bad and ugly" anti-feminist responses I received to my Craigslist ad for feminist dating partners, I promised to feature some of the ...Read More


JUSTICE

Sadly, UVA Lacrosse Killing Was Predictable I have always held the torch so high for my alma mater the University of Virginia (UVA) that I was pretty much blind to any criticism: perfect UVA in perfect little Charlottesville where perfect ...Read More


GLOBAL

Guyanese Machete Murders Have Century-Old History In the village where I grew up, in the backwoods province of Berbice, Guyana, several recent murders of women recall a spate of brutal killings on British sugar plantations in the West Indies in ...Read More




VISIT OUR SISTER SITES >>
Feminist Campus »
CampusChoices
Feminist Majority »
Femajority

  We add new posts many times a day; come back soon and come back often! And we'd love to read your comments!


No comments: