Friday, January 21, 2011

Monday, Jan 24: Tour a Mosque and Islamic Cultural Center

I hope many of you will make the following mosque tour.  My husband (Micah Bochart, who is also a member of the NOW – NYS Young Feminist Task Force), and I visit the Islamic Cultural Center often so he can do research for his feminist book involving an American man and Muslim-American woman.  I hope you enjoy the center as much as we do.  I also hope you are able to meet with the Imam there, Sheikh Shamsi Ali.  Imam Ali is progressive and vehemently argues on the ways The Koran gives rights to women, including the errorneous belief that it gives men the right to hit their wives, or anyone the right to hit their children.  Unfortunately, I must work at the time.   However, I hope you attend; I would love to hear about your experience.

Sincerely,
N. Jerin Arifa
National NOW Board of Directors
National NOW Political Action Committee
National NOW Young Feminist Task Force, Chair
NOW – NYS Young Feminist Task Force, Chair
National Organization for Women (NOW)

Board Member
Bella Abzug Leadership Institute

https://www.z2systems.com/np/clients/wccny/event.jsp?event=165

No comments: