Community Speak Out for Reproductive Freedom
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011
Celebrating 38 years since Roe v. Wade
11am - Gather
We need people to help establish a Pro-Choice zone. We have a permit and need people to help occupy as much space as possible so that the Anti-choice forces can't.
12noon - Speakout
Come share your story of how choice and reproductive freedom have helped change your life, commemorate Roe v. Wade and the bravery of abortion providers in the face of increased terrorism against abortion clinics, and support a local clinic under attack.
Dr. Emily's Women's Health Center
560 Southern Boulevard, South Bronx
#6 Train to E. 149th St.
BX19 Bus to Southern & 149th
How you can participate:
1) Endorse! Email email@example.com with your org name
2) Forward! Send this to your e-lists
3) Speak out! On 1/22 - we're asking that all speakers (even org. representatives) share their stories of how reproductive freedom and specifically abortion have positively impacted their lives.
1) Forward! Send this to your friends, make announcements at meetings, and help get the word out. Flyers are also available for leafletting!
2) Join! "Like" the New York Coalition for Abortion Clinic Defense here.
3) Attend! Come early on 1/22 to help us establish our protest area
4) Early birds, if you can't attend (or even if you can!) we need help calling the media at 6am the morning of the event.
5) Speak out! Come to speak your mind about the abortion you aren't sorry you had, the reproductive freedom you want to maintain, or the abortion provider who made the difference in your life. Even if you wish to remain anonymous, you can give us a written statement to read on stage so that we can share your support for reproductive freedom.
Interested in helping? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-222-0633
Sponsored by: New York Coalition for Abortion Clinic Defense and Radical Women
Endorsed by: Freedom Socialist Party, National Organization for Women (NOW): NY State, BKLN/QNS, Young Feminist Task Force; Socialist Core, World Can't Wait, National Women's Liberation
N. Jerin Arifa
National NOW Board of Directors
National NOW Political Action Committee
National NOW Young Feminist Task Force, Chair
NOW – NYS Young Feminist Task Force, Chair
National Organization for Women (NOW)