Thurs. June 16, at the State Capitol in Albany
- We all worked very hard to get national health care reform passed in 2009-10. This year it's New York's turn to act …but we only have 6 days left in this year's legislative session!
- Governor Cuomo has a very good proposal for creating a robust health insurance exchange. It will enable individual consumers, families, and small businesses to join together to get good insurance coverage at a good price.
- "BIG Insurance", however, wants to maintain the status quo and have a weak exchange that fragments everyone and keeps the industry in charge of health care. We can't allow lawmakers to put the BIG Insurance fox in charge of the hen house.
"Get the job done now, and do it right!"
- 10 a.m. – Briefing in Room 711A of the Legislative Office Building
- 11 a.m. – Press Conference in the Senate Lobby of the Capitol
- 11:30 onward – Legislative visits with key Senators and Assemblymembers
- 11:45 a.m. – "BIG Insurance Fox Hunt" (led by Citizen Action)