Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Our very own Talia Weiserg honored: The Jewish Week's 36 Under 36

Please see below accolades from NOW leaders.

From NOW Board member and former NOW National President Patricia Ireland
"Talia is a great feminist. Such exciting news!"

From NOW founder and award-winning feminist Sonia Fuentes 

"Wow! Friends:  I'm so excited.
 
As some of you may know, I have been mentoring for a year or so a 17-year-old Modern Orthodox feminist woman, Talia Weisberg, who is slated to start Harvard this fall.
 
Talia, whom I've never met, is a brilliant young woman, a writer, who plans to go to law school.  Through my connecting her up with NOW and NOW's generosity, she attended the NOW annual conference some time ago.
 
She just sent me the following email:"
 
Hi Sonia,
 
I just found out that I was named one of the Jewish Week's 36 Under 36 for 2013!!! I'm sure you're familiar with it, but if you're not, this is the biggest honor that can be accorded to anyone under the age of 36 in the Jewish community. A family friend nominated me and I thought I didn't stand a chance - I'm still not even sure why I tried - but I was just informed that I am part of the 36! I still can't believe it. I feel so honored and privileged to be part of such an elite few, which includes some of my sheroes. I thought you'd like to know.
 
Love,
Talia

No comments: