Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ms. Blog eNewsletter: Can prison rape be stopped?



NATIONAL

They're Back: Personhood Initiatives They're back. Like a bad dream. After a solid rejection by 73 percent of Colorado voters in 2008, an anti-choice group, Personhood USA, has returned with another slightly different proposed constitutional....Read More
GLOBAL

Swedish Town Mobs Supported Rapist When the Swedish investigative television show Uppdrag granskning (Mission Review) received a tip about an innocently convicted rapist, it set out to investigate a legal case gone wrong. Instead, ...Read More
MEDIA

Watch Out Sarah Palin- You May Get "Foxified" Even though I wasn't a supporter of Sarah Palin, she was recently hired at Fox News, and I feel I need to warn her. After all, she's a brunette who often wears glasses-a breed ...Read More
JUSTICE

Prison Rape. Can It Be Stopped? "I was sentenced to spend 18 months in prison as punishment for my crime. Rape was not part of that punishment," said Marilyn Shirley in testimony before the Prison Rape Elimination Commission, ...Read More
LIFE

Meet The New Kid On The Block: Men's Studies Men's studies, one of the newest academic disciplines, now has some competition. Get ready for …. male studies? According to Rutgers University professor Lionel Tiger, who cochaired with ...Read More
HEALTH

Don't Be Shamed by "The Weight Talk" I recently had my annual physical, and I got The Weight Talk for the first time. Luckily, I had come prepared.  While driving to the appointment, I even rehearsed in anticipation. When I got The  ...Read More

MS. CELLANY

90210 Hearts Gloria Steinem (and Ms. Magazine) We know our audience here at Ms. magazine. Which is why we're pretty sure you didn't catch this week's episode of the new 90210 and, in particular, requisite quirky girl Erin Silver's ...Read More

ARTS

Can't Black Women Do Better Than Tyler Perry? After viewing the newly released Why Did I Get Married Too?, I'm asking myself why I chose to see another Tyler Perry film. If you've seen one Tyler Perry movie, you've pretty much seen them ...Read More

WORK

Why is One of the Most In-Demand Jobs So Low Paid? After viewing the newly released Why Did I Get Married Too?, I'm asking myself why I chose to see another Tyler Perry film. If you've seen one Tyler Perry movie, you've pretty much seen them ...Read More




VISIT OUR SISTER SITES >>

Feminist Campus »
CampusChoices

Feminist Majority »
Femajority                                             



  We add new posts many times a day; come back soon and come back often! And we'd love to read your comments!

No comments: