This Mother's Day, fellow NOW – NYS Young Feminist Task Force members Micah Bochart and Esty Stein will join me in DC to stand up for mothers abused by both their partners and our so-called justice system, that willingly and knowingly give custody of the kids to the physically and or sexually abusive partners. I do not want to leave my wonderful feminist mom on Mother's Day, but feel compelled to stand up for moms who are unable to give their children the love my mom gave me growing up and continues to provide. Please join us on a bus from Albany, NJ or downstate NY.
National NOW Young Feminist Task Force
NOW – NYS Young Feminist Task Force
National Organization for Women (NOW)
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE E-MAIL, FAX OR SEND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE OR SENATOR A LETTER OF SUPPORT for the Silent Vigil & Proclomation, and telling your story:
To petition Congress, go to http://www.petition2congress.com/2/2386/stop-court-ordered-child-abuse
Information on the Vigil:
Peaceful silent vigil at the White House in Washington DC
Sunday May 9, 2010, from 11:00 am until at least 3:00 pm.
Mothers of Lost Children and our supporters are gathering at Lafayette Park, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington DC in front of the White House at 11:00 am for a silent vigil to protest the grotesque human rights abuses against children by family courts. We will have a Proclamation asking the President to help stop the systematic removal and oppression of our children by family court.
A few suggestions for posterboard signs to bring with you to hold:
- Children are taken from safe mothers and forced to live with abusers. Why?
- I gave birth to a beloved daughter: Her batterer has custody.
- I gave birth to a cherished son: His identified molester has custody.
- I gave birth to three precious children: Our violator has custody.
- I fear judicial retaliation: What country IS this? (if a scarf is over your face)
- Mr. President, please stop the children’s suffering.