I will be attending the following FREE event. Hope you can join me. The organizers are especially interested in getting more young feminists to attend.
National and NY State NOW Young Feminist Task Forces
Grand Hyatt New York
109 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
THURSDAY, JUNE 24
Park Avenue Room, Mezzanine Level
ALL SESSIONS TO TAKE PLACE IN THE EMPIRE STATE BALLROOM
Key Note Address by Cecilia Attias, Founder and President, The Cecilia Attias Foundation for Women
AFRICA ROUND TABLE
Facilitated by Sade Baderinwa, Anchor/Reporter WABC-TV
· Bazaiba Masudi Eve, Senator and President of Congolese Women League for Election
· Esther Ibanga, Pastor Women on the Plateau Peace Initiative
· Molly Melching, Executive Director Tostan
· Promise Mthembu, Executive Director Her Rights Initiative
· Letty Chiwara, Chief of the Africa Division for UNIFEM
· Innocence Ntap, Minister of Civil Service, Labor and Professional Organizations, Senegal
· Prinitha Pillay, Medical Doctor, Doctors without Borders
With the Support of:
· Fatou Sow Sarr, Professor at Dakar University
Special Closing Address by: Sophie Delaunay, Executive Director Doctors Without Borders
AMERICAS ROUND TABLE
Facilitated by Cindi Leive, Editor-in-Chief Glamour Magazine
· Sister Tesa Fitzgerald, Executive Director and Co-Founder, Hour Children
· Rosario Perez, CEO, Pro Mujer
· Sima Quraishi, Executive Director, Muslim Women Resource Center
· Dale Standifer, Executive Director, Metropolitan Center for Women and Children
· Adrienne Germain, President of the International Women’s Health Coalition
· Pamela Gross, Editor at Large, The Hill
· Ambassador Craig Stapleton, Former Ambassador to France
· Kathryn Wylde, President and CEO of Partnership for New York City
Special Closing Address by: Mary Ellen Iskenderian, President and CEO of Women's World Banking
12:30-2:00pm LUNCH BALLROOM I
ASIA AND MIDDLE EAST ROUND TABLE
Facilitated by Anita Pratap, Documentary Filmmaker, Author, Journalist
· Sakena Yacoobi, Executive Director, Afghan Institute of Learning
· Dr. Basmah Omair, CEO of Khadija Bint Khawilid Center for Businesswomen
· Manju Kochar, Chairman, Prasad Chikitsa
· Guy Jacobsen, Founder Redlight Children
With the Support of:
· Lucky Chherti, Founder and Program Director, Empowering Women of Nepal
· Bandana Rana, President, SAATHI
· Chékéba Hachemi, President, Afghanistan Libre
· Dina Powell, President of the Goldman Sachs Foundation and Global Head of the Office of Corporate Engagement
· Zainab Salbi, Founder of Women for Women International
· Mu Sochua, Member of Cambodian Parliament and Human Rights Advocate
EUROPE ROUND TABLE
Facilitated by Alison Smale, Executive Editor, International Herald Tribune
· Sophie Romana, Executive Director, PlaNet Finance
· Edit Schlaffer, Chairman and Founder, Women Without Borders, SAVE – Sisters Against Violent Extremism
· May de Silva, Director, Women into Politics
· Inna Tymchyk, Board Member, Faith, Hope and Love
· David Arkless, President, Global Corporate & Government Affairs, Manpower Inc.
· Kat Rohrer, Director/Producer, GreenKat Productions
· Fernando Villalonga, Consul General of Spain
Closing remarks Cecilia Attias, Founder and President, The Cecilia Attias Foundation for Women
The Dialogue for Action will function as a new dynamic platform where action-driven discussions will focus exclusively on identifying the three main women’s issues affecting each continent and finding solutions to improve them.
It will be the first event of its kind to build a dynamic community of organizations that champion the cause of women’s dignity, equality and well-being. We are delighted to be inviting NGO leaders from every continent and to provide them with a platform for dialogue and sharing best practices.
Experts and influencers from the public and private sectors of business, politics, media and academia will provide insight to identify solutions to the most pressing issues facing women.
Following the Dialogue for Action, The Cécilia Attias Foundation for Women will see that dedicated initiatives are implemented where needed. Local regional meetings will be organized as part of the follow-up in the field to assess the progress of each initiative.
With the help of dedicated NGO leaders, our media partners and through a series of creative fundraising events, we will work towards the betterment of women’s lives around the world.
If you have received an invitation letter, please complete the following online registration process to participate in the Dialogue for Action 2010.
APPLY FOR AN INVITATION
The Dialogue for Action is an invitation-only forum. We welcome NGO leaders and women’s rights experts from the public and private sectors to apply.
To be considered for an invitation, please send us an email to Katie.Eid@theexperiencecorp.com or call us at +1 (212) 794 8801 ext 107.