Rally with NOW-NYC & Connect the Dots Coalition
Moreno & Mata Sentencing Day - Tuesday, June 28
9 AM, Foley Square, NYC
Sign the petition TODAY to Justice Gregory Carro to ask that he sentence ex-NYPD Cops Ken Moreno and Frank Mata to the maximum of two years for their official misconduct charges. We need 1,000 signatures by this Friday, June 24, when we will deliver the petition to Justice Carro at the Manhattan Supreme Court.
Found guilty of official misconduct but acquitted of rape, these ex-cops made 3 unauthorized return trips to a woman's apartment whom they had been called to help. They even placed a fake 911 call to buy themselves more time inside her apartment. Read more
Rally to Demand:
- The Maximum Sentence for ex-NYPD Cops Moreno and Mata.
- NO MORE Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment and Disrespectful Behavior by the NYPD.
- Full Funding for Programs to End Violence Against Women!
- Safe Homes, Safe Streets, Safe Communities & a Safe City!
Subway: 4, 5, 6 to Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall | J, Z to Chambers St. | N, R to City Hall
Learn more about this case:
- Ex-Cops Cleared of Rape, Spark Women's Rights Protests
- Councilwoman, Feminists Blast Not- Guilty Verdict
- Activists Gather to Condemn NYPD Rape Trial Verdict
- Ex-Cops Walk and Talk Trash
- The CSI Effect: Lack of DNA Evidence Spared Cops
- Verdict of "Not Guilty" Does not Hold in Court of Common Sense
RSVP & Join the Coalition: email@example.com
Connect the Dots is a coalition comprised of the National Organization for Women (NOW-NYC), CONNECT, Crime Victims Treatment Center, Feministing.com, The Healing Center, New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault and Service Women's Action Network (SWAN).